School smarts are an important step on the path to financial comfort and success so we like to reward our student members for keeping up good grades!
Our K-12 Student Member Grade Card Match program works like this:
- Study up!
- Earn an “A” or equivalent on your school grade card.
- Every time you earn that “A,” deposit $1 in your savings account.
- We’ll match that $1 deposit with our own $1 deposit into your savings account!
Bring in your glowing grade card and you can earn up to $5 per grading period!
Grade Card Match Rules
- Program valid for K-12 members in good standing.
- The deposit match is $1.00 for each "A" (90% and above) or "A" equivalent (Exceeding Expectations; S+, O for Outstanding, Excellent) on any subject up to a total of $5.00 per grade card and per official grading period (timeframe).
- Effort, conduct mid-term, exam or interim grades and outdated report cards are not eligible.
- Maximum of four matches per calendar year, per child. Maximum of $20 matched by Sun Federal annually.
- The deposit and match must occur within three (3) months of the report card date.
- Requesting the match:
- In Person:
1. Make a deposit into the child’s account.
2. The match will be made immediately if grades meet the criteria stated above.
- By Mail:
Submit the receipt showing a deposit into the child’s account (or include a deposit slip) and a copy of the most recent grade card (clearly showing the child's name and date).
- In Person:
- Children's deposits into a 30-month no minimum, add-on certificate are eligible and encouraged for a higher savings yield.
- Match requests made in-person will be matched immediately. Please allow 4 weeks for matching deposits requested by mail.
- Alternative grading methods for homeschooled children and children with special needs are eligible for the match.
If you have questions, please call Bobbi McConocha at (419) 794-7299.