Selling your house can be a profitable venture if you take the time to plan, prepare, and handle the sale like the business transaction it is. Otherwise, selling your house can be an expensive, time-consuming, and frustrating ordeal.
Some disadvantages to selling your house without the help of a real estate agent include:
- Most for-sale-by-owners (FSBOs) overprice the house.
- Marketing ability is limited because you can't advertise your home in industry organizations--multiple listing service (MLS). Only licensed real estate agents are allowed.
- Potential buyers feel intimidated and spend less time looking around in a FSBO home with the owner present.
- FSBOs can encounter legal troubles due to extensive disclosure requirements.
- Potential buyers know you're saving on an agent's commission (as much as 5%, depending on where you live), so they may offer less for your home.
- A real estate agent can help you get a fair price for your home by advertising, negotiating, and scheduling appointments to show your home when you're not there.
Remember, Sun Federal CU is here to help--whether it's with the mortgage on your next house or savings options to invest the sale money of your home. Stop by or call (800) 786-0946 today.
Copyright 2007-2014 Credit Union National Association Inc. Information subject to change without notice. All other rights reserved.